Media Studies Option

About the Course

The GCSE Media course offers students an opportunity to study how and why media texts are created, the institutions and individuals behind their creation, and the audiences for whom they are created.  A good portion of the course allows students to then research, plan and create their own Media texts.

Exam Board

Three internally marked coursework pieces which comprise 60% of the total and one examination for the remaining 40%. Examination Board AQA

Your Future

If you wanted to continue with your studies you could: Take A level Media Studies where there is a natural progression, where students have enjoyed a 100% pass rate.  Take A level English Language, where many of the concepts and practical skills will be of benefit.  Students who have Media Studies qualifications (previously OCR Nationals level 2) have gone on to study Media at A level and have then progressed through a variety of higher education courses and university in both practical and theoretical areas.  Other students have entered the employment market working in local media for web-based, digital and new-media centric companies.
A paper copy of the information on our website is available on request to the School.